Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Support The Troops

Are you wondering what to do with all the (free) stuff lying around your house? Do you wish you could help others out with some of the things you've gotten at CVS, Walgreens, or Rite Aid? How about helping out the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Check this site out.

Before you start emailing me, telling me why you don't believe in this war or how the media told you that you were misled, let me tell you this: I could NOT care less how you feel about the war or how you think you can't support what you don't believe in. I really, really don't. So save the emails. Our guys and girls are over there and deserve our support, no matter what your opinion. If it were your son, daughter, brother or sister, you would be supporting them no matter what the media tells you to believe.

I've recently spoken on the phone with a soldier in Afghanistan. Through that and emails, he has told me of this site and how we can send things to soldiers through it. He even offered to help out by organizing things on his end to ensure the soldiers with him get the things we send in a fair way. If you would be interested in the least bit, let me know. I plan on sending some things very soon. Many of you who read this have items you got very cheaply, for free, or made a profit on. If you can spare some of them (how much toothpaste do you need?!?), let me know. I'll talk to him to find out the best way to go about this.

Thank you in advance!!

No comments: